I’ve changed the link structure of the blog to get rid of the /wordpress/ in the URL. If you see anything screwy or not redirecting properly, please let me know by emailing me at ron_at_bieberlabs.com.
The campground that houses the Bieber Labs Remote Relaxation Unit opens in 25 days. Hooray!
Here are some of the things I’ve done over the past week and a half or so:
- Purchased new truck for youngest boy that Jonna found on craigslist. Excellent deal (good job honey)
- Bought Jonna a new camera for Christmas, since I lost hers on plane on the way back from Redmond
- Messed around with the Smarty templating library for PHP. Cool. Got quite a bit of current PHP pieces of the system moved over – but there is a hell of a lot non-PHP stuff that has to be rewritten
- Spent the day with my brother and his family on the 22nd. Realized 5 years is much too long between visits
- Installed PHP5 on the machines at home to figure out what it takes to upgrade
- Upgraded Subversion (work and home) to version 1.4.6
- Installed latest version of Eventum and played around with it a bit to see what changed
- Spent time with (both) father-in-laws (Christmas Day and the 26th). Going to Morrison, IL on the 26th gave us a chance to use the new GPS.
- Sunday, the 23rd was our Christmas Day with Kelsi. Exchanged all Kelsi related gifts amongst ourselves
- Spent some time figuring out how to build PHP 5 on Solaris 9. Found out that I did not build shared SSL libraries on the machine, which prevented building. Once these were built, everything worked fine.
There was a bit more, but I think this sums it up. It was nice to work on work related things that needed to get done on my own schedule. Definitely learned a lot. As always, family time was awesome all around. Aside from all of the commercialism, I really do like the family aspects of the holidays.
I’ve fixed the ‘Most Popular Posts’ section over in the sidebar. It now reflects actual most popular, rather than adding weight to home page views.
I finally bit the bullet and took the time to get the blog to a higher resolution. Wasn’t as hard or time consuming as I had built it up to be in my head. Hopefully the extra room works for everyone.