Here are some of the things I’ve done over the past week and a half or so:
- Purchased new truck for youngest boy that Jonna found on craigslist. Excellent deal (good job honey)
- Bought Jonna a new camera for Christmas, since I lost hers on plane on the way back from Redmond
- Messed around with the Smarty templating library for PHP. Cool. Got quite a bit of current PHP pieces of the system moved over – but there is a hell of a lot non-PHP stuff that has to be rewritten
- Spent the day with my brother and his family on the 22nd. Realized 5 years is much too long between visits
- Installed PHP5 on the machines at home to figure out what it takes to upgrade
- Upgraded Subversion (work and home) to version 1.4.6
- Installed latest version of Eventum and played around with it a bit to see what changed
- Spent time with (both) father-in-laws (Christmas Day and the 26th). Going to Morrison, IL on the 26th gave us a chance to use the new GPS.
- Sunday, the 23rd was our Christmas Day with Kelsi. Exchanged all Kelsi related gifts amongst ourselves
- Spent some time figuring out how to build PHP 5 on Solaris 9. Found out that I did not build shared SSL libraries on the machine, which prevented building. Once these were built, everything worked fine.
There was a bit more, but I think this sums it up. It was nice to work on work related things that needed to get done on my own schedule. Definitely learned a lot. As always, family time was awesome all around. Aside from all of the commercialism, I really do like the family aspects of the holidays.