Lest everyone think I did nothing but work on vacation, I thought I’d throw out the movies that I watched during the break, that we haven’t had time to get to over the past few months:
- Rob Zombies Halloween – Unrated Director’s Cut with commentary – Saw Halloween in the theaters, but we have the DVD and watched the commentary. Enjoyed it a lot
- The Number 23 with Jim Carrey. Hated it. Ridiculous and totally predictable.
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry – Stupid. Hated it. I’m not a big Adam Sandler fan, especially with cornball movies like this
- Chain Reaction with Keanu Reeves. Didn’t like it at all.
- Hostel – Part II – a little more predictable than the first, but kind of liked it.
- Amadeus – I’ve seen this a bajillion times and love it. Jonna had never seen it so I watched it again with her. Still love it after all these years …
- Crimson Tide with Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman. I’ve been told multiple times that I had to see this, so we put it on the netflix queue. Awesome. Loved it.
- I Am Legend – Will Smiths latest movie, which we went to see on Saturday. I really liked it. I didn’t like the ending too much, and the zombies were a little ‘too CGI’, but otherwise I thought it was a great movie.
- Village of the Damned – starring Christopher Reeve and Kirsty Alley. We found this at Menards for $1.98 and bought it because we had nothing to watch that night. We thought it would be pretty cheesy, but we actually enjoyed it. It was a good movie for the price
- The Lord Of The Rings – The Two Towers and The Return of the King – We’ve had Two Towers for some time, tried to watch it and thought there was something wrong with the DVD. Later we found that the center channel on our surround sound was out, so we just couldn’t hear anything. We decided to watch it this week. Loved it, and went out Sunday to buy the other two. Watched Return of the King yesterday and loved it. The Fellowship of the Ring is on the schedule for New Years Eve, as we stay home anyway. One thing I will say is that these movies are LOOOOONG but definitely worth it. As I was watching it, I was thinking that it would be great if someday someone could make a movie like this on the The Silver Sun and its trilogy, which were some of my favorite books I had read as a kid (still haven’t gotten our kids to read them though). I think these books would make great movies as well
We’ve done a lot of catch up in the last couple of weeks. We saw one new movie and the rest were things that were on our list that we just “haven’t gotten around to”. While there were quite a few disappointments, the ones that we liked made up for the time we spent on the ones we didn’t. At least we can say that we’ve seen all of them now.