I thought it would be fun to sit down and figure out what my top 10 guitar songs would be. These are the songs when I listen to them, make me want to just pick up the guitar.
The day that I convince Jonna to move to an island with nothing but a boom box, and a life supply of Ramen noodles, a mix CD with these 10 songs would do it for me.
- Mr. Crowley – Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne – Blizzard of Ozz)
- Revelation, Mother Earth – Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne – Blizzard Of Ozz)
- Warm Regards – Steve Vai (Fire Garden)
- Far Beyond the Sun – Yngwie Malmsteen (Rising Force)
- S.I.N. – Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne – No More Tears)
- Cemetery Gates – “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott (Pantera – Cowboys From Hell)
- Race With The Devil on a Spanish Highway – Al Dimeola (Elegant Gypsy)
- Touching Tongues – Steve Vai (Sex and Religion)
- Hot For Teacher – Edward Van Halen (Van Halen – 1984)
- Empire In The Sky – Tony MacAlpine (Edge of Insanity)
#1: The two solos in this song are the best guitar solos ever written, in my opinion.
#5: The outtro solo in this song is one of my favorite Zakk Wylde solos. Don’t know what it is about this one, but it hits you right in the gut.
#9: The solo in Hot For Teacher is, in my opinion, Eddie Van Halens best solo. Eruption is way cool, don’t get me wrong, but this one takes the cake. The rest of the song I could do without, but the solo kicks some butt.