With December starting and knowing its just going to fly by before I know it, I’ve started going through the photo album and picking the pictures that I think are the highlights for me for 2005. Its been a really great year, with the following events being the definite high points:
- Another year with my beautiful wife and watching Kelsi, Jake, and Andy continue to grow and mature (as much as teenagers do that anyway). No one is luckier than I am to have these four people in my life.
- Watching Andy in his first season in football.
- Watching Kelsi in her first year in Marching Band as a freshman in high school.
- Meeting Steve Vai at the Chicago show in April [ pictures ]. Its completely cool to meet one of your heroes and find that he is as cool and down to earth as you always thought he would be.
- Visiting Randy Rhoads grave site [ pictures ]. This has been a goal I’ve had since Junior year in high school. This was great – and thanks Tom for going along!
- 2005 also marked my introduction to the iPod and podcasting (thanks Jonna).
- Ribfest 2005. ‘Nuff said!
- My exposure to Beatallica at Summerfest, which I really enjoyed (what I saw of it anyway) and provided the material for my first podcast.
- Jonna and I hanging out with Sue and Ryan at JellyRolls at the Disney Boardwalk. That was a hell of a fun time.
- Seeing a Tux-O-Lantern for the first time in my life. Way cool.
These are just a few of the highlights. 2005 has been a great year. I’m looking forward to what 2006 has in store for us.